I just got a secondhand-but-never-used automat toolkit. At first, everything worked perfectly. But sometimes the solenoids will stop moving, all of them. I can’t tell what causes this. Very often, rebooting/power-cycling things (laptop and automat) brings them back, but I haven’t figured out WHAT needs to be rebooted.
The base LEDs still light up as the individual “notes” receive their MIDI signals, but the solenoids do not move.
I’m mostly using the USB input, but I’ve tried the MIDI DIN input as well, and same result.
I see others have perhaps had similar issues… I’m using the supplied power supply, and everything is well connected.