I was considering buying he Doppler but I have some questions.
- I currently use the Icestorm toolchain and am comfortable with it. Do I really need to use the Docker container?
- From what I can tell, it seems the SAMD uses a portion of its Flash for configuring the FPGA via
[PATHTO]/top.bin.h. I see Arduino code for flashing it. So when the board is power-cycled is the FPGA configured from a “ special boot ” Arduino sketch? I saw this code is the examples:
#include "[PATHTO]/top.bin.h" // set up the path to doppler_simple_io or custom firmware
- So would I need to run a Arduino sketch manually on each power-up?
- The Lattice bitstream size recommended–from the specs–indicates ~833Kb. Does this mean the rest of the SAMD Flash is available for anything else including other bitstreams?
- Is there any other forums or sites catering to the Doppler?