Stock ETA?

Hi, sorry for the potentially annoying question, but I’m really hoping to get hold of a toolkit for a project I’m working on and the message on the website still says mid-feburary…

Thanks,
Max.

Hi @max
I have restocked the last kits from the first batch to our webshop.
https://dadamachines.com/shop

Best, J

@johannes I have been lurking here for a while…when now can we expect for a good stock to come through? What changes will be involved in the next batch? I see they fly off the shelves and I’m always too late! I’ve played around with teensy and solenoids, this seems very nice and streamlined…do I have to set a track delay when using a daw like Abletons midi for triggering the unit?
Thanks for all your work!!!

Hi,
i can’t exactly tell when a new batch will be ready. There is still lots of planning for this to be done. Also maybe there will be pre-orders as lots of materials have minimum order quantities of 500pcs. So it would make sense to know if we should do 100, 250 or 500 kits.
Regarding changes. There won’t be any changes in the controller hardware > the automat. There might be some other details but for now the only thing which should be updated soon is the software / firmware. As we want to give people better velocity control.

Regarding track delays. Yes. If you are playing samples / synth from ableton they need to be delayed as the solenoid needs some time to hit the object / instrument you are playing with.

Ok, this all makes sense.
I was wondering if you would give me a few tips regarding using a teensy to actuate some solenoids that are 24v…

• Are you using relays to handle the triggering of the solenoid? I’m pretty new to all this!
  • Is the new board you will be offering ready to have solenoids wired right on or would I need a shield or something like that?
  • Does the usb power the board and then the power supply handles the solenoids? I guess this question has to do with the first bullet-point question.
  • Do you have an instagram for Dada Machines?

Love what you are up to, happy to support your open-source music invention company!! Very very cool.

Continuing the discussion from Stock ETA?:

Greetings!

What a wonderful device! Can’t wait to play with it.
Just wondering when you will have stock available?

Thank you.

Hi @blinkymark the automat toolkit will soon be available for pre-order. I checked all other options to make a new batch. But that seems to be the only viable option right now. There will be about 50 Kits that will ship 6-8Weeks after this 50 People placed the pre-order. And 200 to 250 more Kits after 12-14 Weeks.

Hi !
Will you have a new stock soon for the automats ?

Thank you for the great work.
Theo.

Hello,

Just wondering if the automat toolkit is still going to be shipped in October 2019?

Thanks.

Hi @blinkymark,

I wrote an update to all Pre-Order Customers last week.
Sadly not October - but we are close. :partying_face:

Here is the update:

As you are one of our supporters for the production of our second batch of automat toolkits you are probably patiently waiting for a package to arrive.

So where is your automat / automat toolkit?
As you might know, we have been sold out for almost the entire last year. But good news is: Waiting is almost over. We are in the last steps of getting all parts together/finished and boxes ready to ship.

As the toolkit(s) contain many custom parts the manufacturing and delivery of all components takes a bit longer than we initially planned. Good that we already started in July. We are going to our partner in the last week of October and first week of November. To do quality control and ship your controllers and toolkits out.

automat controller – PCBs
We have ordered all components for the automat controller PCB back in July. The circuit boards, which come with a beautiful matt black finish, just arrived at our main production partner.
Next step is the so called pick and place process – where an insanely fast moving toolhead places all the surface mount components on the boards. All connectors are placed manually, before all boards go through a wave soldering machine and get cleaned in the last step of the assembly.
Here is a short video from our production line (manufacturing our beloved doppler) – 3 hours by car from our Berlin HQ.

automat controller – cases
After some annoying waiting time for the confirmation of our production slot, we finally got one assigned in the last week of September. Yeah!
We are talking to the manufacturer on a weekly bases. and they wanted to be done with production already. The laser cutting and sheet metal bending process is done but as of today the surface finish isn’t done yet. We hope the finished cases will ship from the company in south of Germany middle of next week.

automat toolkit - power supplies
This was the first thing we ordered. And last week our custom high quality power supplies made by MEAN WELL arrived. Woohoo!

automat toolkit - beaters/solenoids
This is the third time we have ordered a large batch from our production partner. To be precise 0.5 tons of solenoids - traveled 3 weeks by train to Germany passing Mongolia and Russia on their way.

automat toolkit - elements
Our Berlin based partner company for laser cutting will finish the first part of production of elements right in time so we can take the boxes with us to the main production partner.

all the other bits
The wood glue, high quality PROXXON wrenches, wooden mallets, light guides, etc. have already arrived and are waiting to be packed into the boxes.

This is it for now. Thank you for your trust in dadamachines!
I am looking forward to see what you will create with your toolkit.
– Johannes

Hi guys,

I have ordered a dadamachine kit last month and I have received no news/ETA of my order whatsoever. Could you please give me some news ? Thanks. Antoine

Same here.
Also waiting for news.
Tnx!
David

Hi

I got my Medium kit a couple months ago and am blown away by how much fun it it. I’m refreshing the “M to L upgrade” page everyday. Do you have an ETA on availability for the M to L upgrade kits?

Thanks

1 Like

I have the same question. Is there an ETA on the M to L upgrade? @johannes

There is new stock at https://schneidersladen.de/ M and L Kits and Upgrade Kits coming too. Also some special extensions soon.

1 Like

Very exciting news! :hugs:

Machines are back in Stock at Schneidersladen.