Where to find power supply?

Hello,

I’m having trouble finding the right power supply for my Automat controller in Australia. I ordered just the controller without any of the solenoids. The link in the power supply FAQ is dead, and the Mean Well supply that’s bundled with the kits is custom and can’t be ordered from the manufacturer. Any ideas?

Hi, we are not able to sell our Mean Well power supply separate as the minimum order QTY is 500pcs and we currently have none of them in stock. But usually you can easily find a power supply if you search in common shopping sites with “Universal AC Charger 120W”, “Universal AC Charger 150W” or “Universal Laptop Power Supply 150W”. Sorry i have no idea about Australian sites. And currently we are buying our power supplies the same way.

check for the right polarity always: Power Supply – dadamachines

This site actually seems to sell the smaller 120W Version of the Mean Well PSU: MEAN WELL GST120A24-P1M with Australian Approvals + this might work also depending on the power plug: Notebook / Tablet PC - Australia Computer Online

Thanks nevvkid, would 90w be sufficient to drive 8 solenoids at 24v? Mean Well does a 90w version with the correct plug

It always depends on your solenoid and if you drive them at the same time. The default solenoid from the toolkit draws about 500mA / 0.5A * 12 = 6A but usually for that a smaller power supply would do as well. Because it’s not really the case that you have all of them on at the exact same moment.
If you can’t find any power supply in australia i could get one of the universal power supplies i used in the past and send it to you.

Hey Hey,

i want to use the Automat for 6 walkman.
Is it possible to use a 3v power supply and not damage the hardware.

Thanks in advance,
Sascha

Hi, you won’t damage anything. But the board won’t work below 9V as the power regulator on the board for the chip need at least 5V. Do you want to only turn the walkman on and off? or what is your idea?

Hey Johannes,

thanks for your fast reply. Yes the walkman should just turn on/ off. I have some walkman which need 6V…But if I understand you, it wont work either?

Thanks,
Sascha

PS: I was so inspired by your Automat so I made this.
Control a Laser via Dadamachines & Sensory Percussion: